Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Warm Sunshine

Almost felt like early March today! Got out and shoveled some of the snow off the decks. Since my roof lines are all a 12/12 pitch, I'll stay off of them.

My upcoming garden classes should b coming out soon in the St. Peter Community Center brochure. I will post them here as well, but you must register with them. With the high amount of snowfall, those out-of-reach tree limbs might now be within reach of rabbits. You can wrap them anytime, now - if you haven't! We still have potentially 3 months of snowfall yet to come!
I always feel so 'pressurized' this time of year, like there is never enough time to get ready for the next season, but in the end it all happens. Last year I was planting 4" tomato transplants in the hoophouse, in the ground on March 23. The soil temp was a perfect 72 degrees, and the air temp was 110. Thinking of renting out chaise loungers for sunbathing early March, want to make a reservation? Cheaper than Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment