Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Encyclopedia Grand Prize

Actually...it's the only prize. This year at my 'gardening' classes, I am going to draw the name of one lucky student at the last class for this 'must have' gardening book;

the AHS (American Horticulture Society) A-Z Garden Plants, edited by Christopher Brickell.

This is one of 3 must have books I always recommend at my classes. I will be teaching a variety of garden classes this year. The drawing will be for the classes at the St. Peter Community Center ONLY. I will be having classes on vegetable gardening, flowers, landscaping, small fruits & herbs. Something for everyone. Each time you attend a class, you can register. The book is brand new, and a $80 value, and weighs about 12#, no kidding!!! Click on my right hand link on this blog for more class info. It may be a week or so before you can register w/the Community Center.

My other 2 'must haves?'
Encyclopedia of Gardening (not A-Z) also AHS by Christopher Brickell, this has chapters on everything from, roses to veggies to patios to herbs - to landscape design - pruning etc. Great photos, very informative. About $50-60


Dirr's Woody Landscape Plants is my pick for the tree/shrub lover. If you are not into woody plants, this book is NOT for you. No photos, only line drawings, but a huge reference book packed w/info on any tree or shrub. Only once could I not find a type I was looking up. About $60-80

No comments:

Post a Comment