Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Making a Toad House

You may have to double click on photo to read it. Toads are great garden helpers with eating insects.
But like everyone, they need a home. Creating little places for them to live will help encourage them to stay. I have tried the soil ridge a couple of times with success. The first time I heard about it...I was thinking 'yea right.' So I made a ridge, placed an old board against it, and forgot about it. Several weeks later, I remembered and took a look. I think I let out a little eek noise as I jumped backwards as 6 toads were all nestled in behind the board and staring at me. Give it a try, gardeners can use all the hlep we can get! 


3 comments:

  1. We are so going to do this with the kids this year! We has a few toad friends in the garden last year but NO HOMES for them!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete