Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Artisan Breads & Baked Sweets

We are anxious to announce that we are adding a bakery line this year to the Mankato Farmer's Market, and our mini-markets around the area.

Below is a sesame seed braid, perfect for ripping & passing.

Below is a pic of our gooey caramel rolls, my personal favorite (at least until the orange rolls come out of the oven) We will feature a few different rolls each week, sold seperate or in multi-packs. Other sweet treats likely: brownies, cupcakes, bars. Glazed cinnamon rolls & orange rolls, perfect to enjoy while strolling through the Farmers Market.

My personal favorite. Ciabatta bread. Get 2 loaves, one to eat on the way home, and 1 for the rest of the family. We will feature several types of bread each week, but this will be a standard.
In addition to loaves, we will have dinner rolls & hamburger buns. Wheat, white, herb, cheesy...
One way or another, I have always been in the food business, either growing it or serving it. Over 1/2 my working career has been in food management. I spent 4+ years running a scratch bakery, so this is a perfect addition for Earthworks. I was teaching baking & dessert classes at my home this winter. They were very well attended & received. Looking forward to more classes starting late fall. You'll find the details at this site late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment