Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ahh..the Sweet Peas

This year was my first success with Sweet Peas. I have tried them a number of times, w/no luck.
This time I watered the seeds every day until germination, then cut back on water. Before this year I had even pre-soaked them, knicked them all to no avail. So it appears that I wasn't watering them enough. They grew to a beautiful 5+ feet in the hoop house. They had a large bloom in early summer, and intermittent bloom till late summer. They like cool weather, but we don't get a long periods of cool weather around here, well except now! Starting to clean out the flower shop this week. We placed 3 pallets of all the remaining boxes from tornado storage in there last fall. This forces me to get sorting threw it all. Found a few things I thought were ruined, so not all bad. Won't be long and the flower shop turns into the seedling house for the spring. I'm getting tired just thinking about it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment