Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Underneath all that snow, bouquets await.

It's not to early to start dreaming of fragrant, locally grown bouquets from Earthworks Gardens.
We will again be offering our bouquet subscriptions that can be picked up at either the field (on a designated day) or at the Saturday Farmers Market in Mankato. More details on this later.

We also have a pick your own for weddings/showers etc., minimum of $100. I am adding a minimum this year for good reason. By the time a person has come to actually 'pick' their flowers, I have usually met with them 1-2 times. Then I also have to develop a price list and map for them or walk them through it all, once, twice sometimes more. Usually during the 'pick' the 'pickers' have one, two, three questions again or more. In other words, I could just 'pick' what they want in about 1/10 the time (or less) then it takes to walk thru all the steps with them. I occasionally do wedding flowers all, or in part. I am also charging a $25 for 1/2 hour consultation on wedding flowers. This I hope will curb the number of people that just want to steal my ideas & suggestions and run off! If a bride wants perfect roses, and plastic looking flowers, I am not your girl. For fresh, local, never sprayed with anything flowers, that would be me.
So please pass on to anyone that might be looking for our products!

No comments:

Post a Comment