Friday, October 1, 2010

At the Farmers Market Saturday

We plan to be at the Farmers Market in Mankato Sat., 8-noon. We will have winter squash, potatoes, maybe raspberries & cherry tomatoes. I should have lots of flowers, but not too many
(if any) large bouquets...most of my 'feature' flowers are done for the year.

A funny note about wedding flowers: I have worked w/many brides this summer, so far 'it's all good.' I am amazed at the differences in brides approaches to the 'wedding' flowers. I 'll have brides ask me what will be blooming 2 years from July? Are you kidding? Then, on the other end of the spectrum, I'll get a call Friday wanting to pick that day for the Saturday wedding. The least amount of planning, was the bridesmaids that showed up at the market and just picked their bouquets from my buckets. I also have some that call or stop out 2-3 monthes in advance and have it all planned out. The most popular colors were white, lime green, bronze/brown.

4 comments:

  1. yep ... the world is wacky --- someone came to market last Saturday and thought the squash was already cooked !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly -- the question of the month "how do you cook green beans" ....

    ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could cover that in my upcoming baking classes. Unreal!

    ReplyDelete