Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Re-Cap

Sept. 1st tomorrow already. Seems like just yesterday I was wondering how the summer would go?
Truely, it was my worst crop year ever, including all my flooding issues at my first farming venture at Zumbrota Organic Gardens. Weeds, insects, disease & virus issues......all the scourage of the farmer. Taking time this winter to review my crop choices, time to make some changes!

Things that have been great this year
  • we built a shed at the field, shelter-shade-storage-sales area........yes!
  • raspberries just starting, with a generous crop awaiting
  • bakery sales have been terrific
  • we have connected with many more customer/friends!
  • a new plant outlet - Jim's Apple Barn in Jordan
  • continued sales at the St. Peter Food-Coop, bouquets, plants & produce
  • we have added New Ulm & St. Peter to our market line-up
See you Saturday at Mankato or St. Peter, enjoy the holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment