Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My summer home.

 The shed is taking shape. Planning to add a 12' pergola across the full length of the front, and also on the south side of the building. Shade baby! I have worked these 10 acres in the sun since 2004. The set of French doors are salvaged from my solarium from the tornado house.
 The floor was installed today in my sales side of the shed. There are 3 sky lights on each side of the roof that will help to bring light in. 

The other side will have a gravel base for parking my team of work horses, 'the John Deeres.'
Tomorrow a dividing wall between the 2 areas will be installed from top to bottom. It will take a while to get it all set-up, very exciting. My good friend Deb has offered to help, always appreciated.
It's going to be so handy to be able to keep all my tools and farm junk stored right there. Eight years of hauling everything back and forth is enough!

3 comments:

  1. Looking so good.... Can't wait.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. The copper roof, is a different color depending on the angle you are looking at it! Strange. The pergola goes on tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would expect the copper to change colors depending on the lighting... so cool.... can't wait for more pictures.....

    ReplyDelete