Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summertime is flower time!

The daylilies seem to be a little early this year. I moved the festival back 2 weeks from last year, to catch them in full bloom, but might miss it again this year! They are gorgeous this year, loving all that extra rain. Daylilies are basically on their own here. We water a couple of times after planting, and then they are on their own. That's one of the reasons I love them, they don't NEED me.
We have about 124 varieties of daylilies at Earthworks. That seems to be about enough for anyone to find something they like. Stop out and stroll thru them.

Sweet Peas growing in the hoop house, stop by for a handful! I have to admit, that I, the successful propagator of most plants have in the past, had NO success with sweet peas. Could not get them to germinate, not sure why. After several failed attempts, this was destined to be my last. Normally, I won't try a plant that many times, but a simple plant like sweet peas, was not going to defeat me!
Hoping for a safer day today. Fell twice within an hour yesterday. First fell on my butt in the muddy field, ouch. Then an hour later fell trying to get off my bike as my shoe got stuck in the toe clip. Pavement is harder and scratches you up more than soil. Feeling it today! =(



No comments:

Post a Comment